We are Heureka Group, the largest e-commerce platform operating in nine markets of Central and Eastern Europe. More than 20 million users come to us for shopping advice every month, and we are among the top comparators and shopping advisors in all the countries where we operate. We purposefully maintain the atmosphere of a startup, even though we have been creating a product that makes shopping easier for almost everyone in the Czech Republic and Slovakia for several years already.
More About Your Team
You will build and lead a small development team of 1 Software Engineer and 3 Machine Learning Engineers. You will cooperate with Scrum Master, Product Manager, UX and BI specialists, and other team stakeholders daily. Your team is responsible primarily for matching merchants’ offers to Heureka products within the international product catalogue. However, there are plenty of other areas for utilization of AI/ML that the team can tackle. Their mission is to automate the manual work of internal users in order to process huge volumes of content. In numbers, we talk about hundreds of Heureka products and billions of merchants’ offers.
What you will do?
Your time as a team lead will be divided into three areas: Leadership/hands-on coding/administration. The expected ratio is approximately 50/40/10 and it might change over time as the team grows. That’s why we are looking for an experienced guy.
Leadership activities include, for example:
- Leading an empowered team of 1 Software Engineer and 3 Machine Learning Engineers. You will be helping them grow and develop themselves. Our Career Journey framework will guide your way in this area.
- You will be part of the so-called Team Lead Circle
- Closely cooperating with Tribe Heads, Software Architect, Team Leads, Staff Engineers, Tech Leads and Product Managers of other teams.
- You’ll be responsible for setting path for the team within plan and strategy that follows tribe’s vision plan and strategy, and last but not least company vision/strategy
- You’ll cooperate closely with team’s Product Manager
- Together with the product manager, scrum master and other stakeholders, you will come up with the Team Goals (OKRs, HICs,..) and take responsibility for their delivery.
- You will be responsible for the hiring process for your team.
- You are the team budget owner
The team’s technology stack
- Google Cloud Platform or another cloud computing platform
- running ML models in production
- Gitlab CI/CD
- Prometheus, Grafana, Loki
What do we expect from you?
- You have experience in leading software engineering teams - officially or unofficially
- Still actively participating in software development, Scrum or Kanban are not dirty words for you
- You act as an egoless leader
- You nderstand the basics of Situational Leadership and know how to use it
- You are not afraid to speak in English even though you are not a native speaker
What can you expect from us?
- Full support of your leader including individual sessions
- Buddy for trial period
- Improvement days - 10% of your time for personal development
- Possibility to choose a mentor
- What’s it like to be a Heurecian in R&D?
- Be part of a distributed engineering teams (R&D consists of Tribes - small development departments)
- Meet with Microservice/ Micro Frontend architecture, GCP, Asynchronous communication
- Write tests - E2E, unit tests
- Contribute to DevOps/FinOps culture
- Participate in building a sustainable product
- Working mostly on Greenfield projects
- We are practically agile, typically using some version of Scrum (two weeks sprints, standups, planning, retrospective, grooming) or Kanban
- Working in an environment that utilizes OKR framework
And why you would love to be a Heurecian
- Opportunity to participate in the development of a product that is currently used by three million unique users per month in two countries. There will be unique technical challenges that you just can't get anywhere else.
- Opportunity to be part of One Platform vision
- Great company culture and open mindset
- Daily feedback
- Opportunity to learn a lot from the huge shared know-how we have in Heureka
- Support you in improving your skills
- Organized hackathons
- Free working hours, working from home, and a lot of other benefits, like referral bonus, yearly bonuses depending on the performance of the company, multisport benefit card, extra days of vacation, cafeteria, meal vouchers, etc.…
Sounds good..what’s next?
You will meet your future Leader and Recruiter (45 min)
You will complete your Team interview - hard skills of manager - People, Product, Processes (90 min)
Case Study & Presentation
Informal lunch / coffee with our CTO (30 - 60 min)