T2 Network Specialist
T2 Network Specialist
Úvod a popis pracovní náplně
- This role is a mix of tier 1 & 2 network support for our major telecommunications customer. That means engineerdetermines the issue, actions by engaging relevant party, keeps the client updated till a solution is provided. Builds upknowledge on Cisco switches, has an access to EMEA & US devices. Learns the company's procedures and theirglobal customers. Once fully confident then further, 2nd level is added; fixing faults, handling global clients ofvarious technical expertise.
- Working Hours:In order to provide a multilingual support, you will be required to work various shifts in order to cover 24/7operation. Shifts will be assigned to you by your manager. It will be either 8hr (Mon – Fri) or 12 hr shifts (Mon –Sun), allowing for continuous periods of rest.
- Principle Duties and Responsibilities in tier 2:● Multi-platform Cisco support, Juniper & proprietary solutions (i.e. netgates)● Direct customer and account team interface providing day to day network support● Manage trouble investigation, isolation and steady state recovery● Assists users to identify and solve complex connection/communication problems● Workload breakdown: most of the incidents are related to high-end MPLS solutions at their edge (CE-PE), monitored proactively by an automated alerting system; along with that, also proprietary low-end VPN tunnelling solutions are supported, with a mixed reactive-proactive model. A number of cases regard other VoIP solution.
- ● Experience of customer service ideally gained in a customer facing environment● Fully CCNA qualified or relevant experience● English proficiency in both verbal & written form● Flexibility to work either 12 hr shifts (weekends, nights, and national holidays) or day 8 hr shifts (Mon –Fri). This depends on business requirements.● Must be EU passport holder, willing to relocate, culturally sensitive, appreciate cultural differences.
- Technical Skills Profile:● A Background in Maintenance and/or Managed Service Sales within the Network arena● Helpdesk Experience● Cisco CCNA Qualified or relevant NOC experience of at least 1 year● Background knowledge of Frame Relay, Ethernet (MAN), ATM, IMA; knowledge of ISDN is an advantage.● Problem resolution will require knowledge of the back-up methods such as ISDN, iBGP, HSRP, VRRP),troubleshooting, routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP and EIGRP● Basic knowledge of Windows, Unix, ticketing systems such as Remedy● Knowledge of MPLS and QoS policing is not required but is an advantage.
- Soft Skills Profile:● Must be able to communicate effectively with the team, corporate customers of different technicalexpertise and all levels of management● Ability to efficiently resolve customer's problems and escalate further to tier 3 as per agreed service levelagreements or to other 3rd party as necessary● Professionalism at all times, assertiveness and accountability, good timekeeping, flexibility● Ability to work well under pressure, set priorities and comfortable making decisions● Drive enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and self-motivation, respect for colleagues, desire to learn.
- ● Opportunity to work for an international, independent and stable private company in the heart of
- ● Grow your skill base, we will support your technical development related to the role
- ● Enjoy good quality work-life balance with plenty of cultural and active opportunities in 2nd largest &
- multicultural city in the Czech Republic
- ● Be part of a vibrant international team
- ● 1 extra week of holiday (5 weeks in total)
- ● Meal vouchers
- ● Private medical care with English speaking personnel
- ● Special discounts for gyms, opticians
- ● Czech classes
- ● Team building events
- ● Employee referral bonus.